I am an experienced & commercially focused head of marketing with 13 years of experience. Adept at strategizing & designing innovative marketing plans to drive both online and offline conversions through multiple channels. Passionate about developing complex automated marketing processes and journeys with trackable metrics, whilst
always keeping the return on investment as the core focus. Confident in building and recruiting technical, marketing, customer service and accounts teams.
Travelopo.com / Head of Marketing
• Strategic account management of core accounts, including Booking.com,
HomeAway, Expedia, AirBnB, TripAdvisor, Hometogo & Holidu.
• Responsible for recruitment of developer, technical, marketing, accounts & customer service teams.
• Responsible for sourcing and management of external marketing, PR & development agencies.
• Responsible for Channel management (Kigo, Avantio & Rentals United), including growing from 70 to 520 property suppliers in 2 years.
• Management all on site SEM, PPC, SEO, UX and CRO & PR.
• Partnership building with 100s of members of the press & social influencers, with 40 press trips between 2016 and 2018, including international magazines and newspapers & influencers.
• Responsible for the creation of all in house reporting using the Salesforce CRM solution (profit & loss, debtors & Creditors & profitability of enquiry and booking channel solutions).
• Management of the integration of the bespoke Salesforce CRM solution, website & data ingress solution.
• Competent with Salesforce, Google platforms Social Platforms, AutopilotHQ, Segment.com, Mouseflow and GIT, Basecamp, Jira (Agile development) & SEO reporting tools (SEMrush, RavenTools, Ahrefs).
• Responsible for assuring PCI & GDPR compliance.
• Responsible for sourcing and developing new outbound channels.
• Headline figures from the last 2 years: 300% growth year on year growth with our largest supplier, 700% growth in property suppliers, 280% growth in supply of properties.
Cai Thomas Online Marketing / Founder
Offering consultancy & hands on marketing for number of luxury brands across the UK.
•Developing strategic SEO, SEM, PPC & affiliate advertising campaigns.
• KPI driven management of marketing campaigns.
• 10,000% Return on investment for a national dental implant training company.
• Management external parties including Groupon, Living Social & Amazon.
• UX and data driven optimisation for increased conversions.
• Achieving 1st page results for all products offered for all locations at a local and regional level in sectors such as cosmetic surgeries, luxury fabrics, bathrooms & wedding venues.
• Responsible for sourcing of contractors from global networks to work on client’s projects.
All Your Life / Head of Marketing
Responsible for performance driven management of all marketing and development within the group. Developing a business supplying the franchisees with multi millions pounds of business a year, with campaigns achieving a ROI of 3500%
• KPI driven management of marketing campaigns for clients.
• 8,000% growth in lead generation over a 12-month period.
• 500% ROI on cosmetic campaigns.
• Managed external parties include Groupon, Living Social & Amazon.
• Responsible for planning, developing, testing & deploying a network of booking sites using systems such as Bookly, WordPress & BookingBug.
• UX and data driven optimisation for increased conversions.
• Achieving 1st page results for all products offered for all locations using SEO.
PC Dial (PCD IT SUPPORT LTD)/ Managing Director
I co-founded & managed PCD IT Support Ltd after receiving 4 sets of investment from investors. PC Dial offers proactive IT support for SMEs across the UK. With a large customer list of subscribed monthly clients. PC Dial rapidly became a well known remote IT support company, specialising in estate agents. This business is still being run by my brother in law.
• Responsible for growing the paying subscriber list to 100s of monthly support customers.
• Providing free computer lessons to the local area, including at local schools for the elderly.
• Exhibited at national SME events, such as the Small Business Show.
• Responsible for generating partnerships with global security brands such as FSecure.
• Certified with Google Partner Program, Microsoft SBS and Google AdWords / Analytics programs.
• Responsible or employing and training staff partaking in the national apprentice program.
Alternative Bathrooms / Online Marketing Manager
Management, development, growth and operations management for one of the largest online luxury bathroom chains in the UK.
• Responsible for achieving 550% growth in 9 months, exceeding all KPI targets.
• As a business we grew product range from 100s of products to over 10,000
• Sourcing new partners and providers, negotiating favourable, commercially profiable rates.
• Additionally, undertaking online advertising for sister showroom-based brands.
• Responsible for all SEM, SEO, PPC and offline advertising, including the
management of the external PR agency.
• Management of operational and administrative staff within my capacity as online marketing manager.
This employment period included the transfer of topbrandbathrooms.com between Colourwash Bathrooms and The Alternative Bathroom Company after a sale of the business and a management buyout.
SkyLineSolar.co.uk / Founder
Founded, developed & managed SkyLineSolar from April 2006 to October 2007 (FT), to fund my university education.
• Responsible for sourcing suppliers and products from across the world.
• All traffic generated entirely organically from SEO.
• I commissioned & designed an OS-commerce website.
• Responsible for all customer service and sales, whilst liaising with press to generate PR and free advertorial in exchange for reviews.
I sold the company due to academic time constraints.
BSC Geography & Environmental Management, 2:1– University of the west of England – 2009
Geography, Chemistry & Business Studies A Levels– Backwell Comprehensive School – 2005
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
I love travelling and eating out, walking our two dogs, enjoying time with my wife and baby boy. I enjoy reading and listening to books focusing largely around the sciences, economics and politics.
As a side project to keep my knowledge up to date I manage and have automate multiple social media accounts, with the 4 biggest having 70k, 50K, 35k and 20K Instagram followers, with user
submitted content being the only source of content, with posts regularly generating over 2K organic engagements (likes/comments).